Being charged with violating Georgia Code Section 40-6-391 is a very serious matter. Even a first time offender faces the possibility of a fine of not less than $300.00 and not more than $1,000.00; A period of imprisonment of not fewer than ten days nor more than 12 months, which period of imprisonment may, at the sole discretion of the judge, be suspended, stayed, or probated, except that if the offender’s alcohol concentration at the time of the offense was 0.08 grams or more, the judge may suspend, stay, or probate all but 24 hours of any term of imprisonment imposed under this subparagraph; Not fewer than 40 hours of community service; Completion of a DUI Alcohol or Drug Use Risk Reduction Program; A clinical evaluation and, if recommended as a part of such evaluation, completion of a substance abuse treatment program and (F) a period of probation of 12 months less any days during which the person is actually incarcerated.
IF YOU ARE CHARGED WITH ANY CRIME INCLUDING DUI:
- 1.) DO NO NOT TALK WITH ANYONE ABOUT YOUR CASE. THIS INCLUDES CELLMATES AND PERSONS WORKING IN OR VISITING THE JAIL. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- 2.) DO NOT GIVE ANY VOICE OR HANDWRITING SAMPLES TO ANYONE.
- 3.) DO NOT SIGN OR WRITE ANYTHING.
- 4.) DO NOT TRY ON ANY ARTICLES OF CLOTHING OR SIMILAR ITEMS OF ANY PERSON.
- 5.) DO NOT DISCUSS THE FACTS OF YOUR CASE WITH ANYONE OVER THE TELEPHONE.
- 6.) DO NOT CONSENT TO A SEARCH OF YOUR PERSON, CAR OR HOME.
- 7.) DO NOT SEND LETTERS OR NOTES CONCERNING YOUR CASE TO ANY LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS OR ANYONE INVESTIGATING YOUR CASE.
- 8.) IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS ABOUT ANYTHING YOU ARE REQUESTED TO DO BY ANY LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER, ASK TO SPEAK TO YOUR ATTORNEY FIRST.
- 9.) ALWAYS BE CALM AND POLITE. YOU SHOULD NEVER BE HOSTILE.
Experience matters when it comes to DUI defense. Benjamin Davis has successfully represented DUI defendants for over 20 years. It’s critical to have an Atlanta criminal defense attorney like Benjamin Davis to help defend your case. Let his experience and in-depth knowledge work for you.